Davidson Lake Association
Board of Directors’ Meeting
June 11, 2020
A Davidson Lake Association (DLA) Board of Directors’ Meeting was held on Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 7 p.m. at the Dumfries Fire Hall.
Approval of Minutes
Motion: Lyle moved that the minutes of the May 7, 2020 Board of Directors’ Virtual Zoom meeting be adopted as circulated. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried.
The New Brunswick Alliance of Lake Associations (NBALA) has received $75,000 from the Environmental Trust Fund which will assist us in continuing with water monitoring.
- Dual probes will be distributed which will reduce the amount of time required to do testing.
- A private scientific company will do a bathymetry study on both Yoho and Davidson Lakes to map the bottom of the lake this summer.
- Invasive Plant Patrol program – We hope to have a team in place later this summer.
- Invasive Species –NBALA have received approval for a portable boat washing station. More information on this will be forthcoming.
- Data loggers will be installed again this year.
- Clean, Drain & Dry – Signs are up and Arnie will get more stickers to pass out to boaters.
- John, Arnie and Ken will continue to monitor water levels.
Directories will not be published this year and memberships will not be sold. Ken will post a message on the Davidson Lake Facebook site advising cottagers and residents of the changes as to how donations for the 2 road committees will be carried out. Claude presented a campaign proposal and Directors were each given a list of names of residents & cottage owners for which they will be responsible for collecting road donations.
There has been a huge disregard for the rules pertaining to the recycle shed. It has been a complete mess including many items that are not recyclable. This may result in the withdrawal of our recycle pickup if people don’t start paying attention to the rules posted on the shed by having items properly bagged or bundled. A camera has been installed in hopes of identifying those who are not following the rules.
It was agreed that the large item pickup was a huge success.
Crownland Protected Natural Area (PNA)
We will continue to monitor the situation.
Ken reported that John has acquired a picnic table to be placed along the trail. Ken, Andy, John, Claude & Arnie cleared the trail last weekend and identified a wooden walkway that needs replacing.
The grading has been completed. Some ditching needs to be done and a culvert needs to be replaced on Carlin Lane. Also need to have some gravel spread.
Signs for Gillis and Loon lanes is in the works.
New President – DLA continues to look for a new President.
Due to COVID-19 there will be no Annual General Meeting this year.
The next DLA Bd. of Directors’ Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 13,, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:25p.m.